Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Jose Hernandez <jh...@algorithmics.com> on 2002/09/09 20:14:19 UTC

Document root element problem ...

Hello...

Do you have any idea for this error message ?

0 --> -c
1 --> E:\java\lib\FOP\conf\userconfig.xml
2 --> -l
3 --> es
4 --> -xml
5 --> rpt__Expo_Cred__vcortes_1234567890.xml
6 --> -xsl
7 --> rpt_Exposicion_Crediticia.xsl
8 --> -pdf
9 --> Exposicion.pdf
[INFO] FOP 0.20.4
[ERROR] ERROR: Document root element is missing.

I've checked the XML and XSL file and I don't have any syntax problem.

Thanks a lot.

//jose.alberto.hernandez.maldonado

System Integrator Engineer.
Algorithmics Mexico.

Tel.      5520-4293
Fax.     5520-4292
e-mail:
            jhernan@algorithmics.com
            josealbertohm@hotmail.com

Re: Document root element problem ...

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Jose Hernandez wrote:
> [INFO] FOP 0.20.4
> [ERROR] ERROR: Document root element is missing.
>
> I've checked the XML and XSL file and I don't have any syntax problem.

You are transforming your XML with the XSL into a new XML
document, which is then formatted into a PDF. The intermediate
XML document has a syntax problem.
You can check this by generating it explicitely
java -classpath lib\xml-apis.jar;lib\xercesImpl-2.0.1.jar;lib\xalan-2.3.1.jar org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process -in rpt__Expo_Cred__vcortes_1234567890.xml -xsl
rpt_Exposicion_Crediticia.xsl -out tmp.fo

Check whether the content of tmp.fo matches your expectations
(I guess it is just plain text, basically your XML file with
all tags stripped).

J.Pietschmann