Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Manfred Geiler <ma...@apache.org> on 2005/01/17 15:37:10 UTC

[OT] Re: Two suggestions

<offtopic>

Bill Dudney wrote:
> In order not to be vote happy I'll just state my opinions :-)

Please! My comment on "vote happiness" was an attempt to be funny. I
never wanted to scare people off using the +/-1/0 shortcuts!  :-)

To bring back confidence: Nobody at no time ever will be indicted for
using +/-1/0 as opinion shortcuts. I swear!

We could even go beyond and define: A vote is only an official vote if
the word "vote" is in the subject or body of the mail. Otherwise it is
not a vote and every +/-1/0 stands for an opinion rather than a vote.
Should we have vote on that? Aaaaaaaargh...

:-)
Manfred

</offtopic>

Re: [OT] Re: Two suggestions

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.
Yay!  I just received my first JIRA email regarding a new bug.  For
those of us who are not committers, this is a nice addition.

One cool aspect of JIRA over the bugzilla approach is that the email
is "sent" by the user who reported the bug (instead of bugzilla).
Nice.

Now a question about the "reply".  Right now it looks like the replies
will go to the mailing list.  Is there anyway we can hook it up so
that the reply is added as a comment to the bug (and of course you
also get it on the mailing list because its an update to the bug)?

I realize this is a limitation on how the current bugzilla works on
some of the other projects but JIRA seems to be more flexible.  If we
could get this working that would be perfect!  I think its been a long
standing problem on all of the mailing lists that the conversation
related to a bug is not completely archived with the bug report.

Perhaps this would require "anonymous" reporting in order to pull it
off.  If so, then I would change my stance on that issue from +0 to
+1.

sean

RE: [OT] Re: Two suggestions

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@matthias-wessendorf.de>.
> We could even go beyond and define: A vote is only an
> official vote if
> the word "vote" is in the subject or body of the mail.

+1 ;-)

Matthias