Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Scott Zhang <ma...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/07 08:55:01 UTC

Distributed Search doesn't response the result set

Hi. All.
   I am trying to use solr to search over 2 lucene indexes.  I am following
the solr tutorial and test the distributed search example. It works.
   Then I am using my own lucene indexes. Search in each solr instance works
and return the expected result. But when I do distributed search using
"shards". It only return the "numFound"=14. But the result contain nothing.
    Don't know why. Can Any one help? Thanks.

Re: Distributed Search doesn't response the result set

Posted by Scott Zhang <ma...@gmail.com>.
Thanks. Macro.

That makes sense. Your words explained why distributed search get the
numFound but didn't return the result.

Looks I have to rebuild my indexes.

Posted by Marco Martinez <mm...@paradigmatecnologico.com>.

Posted by Scott Zhang <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi. Markus.

Thanks for replying.

I figured out the reason this afternoon. Sorry for not following up on this
list. I posted it onto dev list because I think it is a BUG.

I finally know why it doesn't return the result.

When I created the index, I set "id" field as "Stored" but not "indexed"
because I don't see the reason to index the id.
Then in schema.xml, I found I have to set "ID" as "indexed" but actually it
is not.

Not sure how solr is implemented internally. But without set id as
"indexed", the distributed search doesn't work. I tried rebuild a test index
with set ID as Indexed. Then let solr use that index and distributed search
works.

Is there a way to let "ID" not be "indexed" in solr?

On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 7:38 PM, <Ma...@rzf.fin-nrw.de> wrote:

> did  you send a commit after the last doc posted to solr?

AW: Distributed Search doesn't response the result set

Posted by Ma...@rzf.fin-nrw.de.

Posted by Scott Zhang <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi. All.

Posted by Scott Zhang <ma...@gmail.com>.