Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Jerome Paul <je...@ephox.com> on 2003/01/02 02:41:50 UTC

Using Saxon with the Style task

Hi,
  I'm trying to style xml documents using docbook-xsl-1.58.1.  When I use
the xalan-j_2_4_0 processor from the command prompt I lose some headings.  I
don't loose these headings when I use saxon 6.5.2.  Anyway I'm trying to get
the ant style task to use Saxon instead of Xalan so that I keep the
headings.  I'm using ant 1.5, here's a copy of the of the style task I'm
using.   It would be really helpful if someone could to post a step by step
walk-through to solve this.

<xslt
    destdir="${foDestination}"
    style="${DocbookLocation}/fo/docbook.xsl"
    classpath="${ANT_HOME}/lib/saxon.jar"
    processor="trax"
    force="true"
    in="/xmleditorrequirements.xml"
    out="/xmleditorrequirements.fo"
/>

Hopefully I've provided enough information.

Thanks
Jerome

Re: Using Saxon with the Style task

Posted by "Anthony B. Coates" <ab...@TheOffice.net>.
** Reply to message from Jerome Paul <je...@ephox.com> on Thu, 2 Jan 2003
11:41:50 +1000

>   I'm trying to style xml documents using docbook-xsl-1.58.1.  When I use
> the xalan-j_2_4_0 processor from the command prompt I lose some headings.  I
> don't loose these headings when I use saxon 6.5.2.  Anyway I'm trying to get
> the ant style task to use Saxon instead of Xalan so that I keep the
> headings.  I'm using ant 1.5, here's a copy of the of the style task I'm
> using.   It would be really helpful if someone could to post a step by step
> walk-through to solve this.

This feature doesn't work in Ant 1.5.  I'm told it works in the early versions
of 1.6 available via CVS, but otherwise you can use my mtxslt task

http://mtxslt.sf.net/

to do this.  It was also described in a recent article at XML.com:

http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2002/12/11/ant-xml.html

	Cheers,
		Tony.
====
Anthony B. Coates, Information & Software Architect
mailto:abcoates@TheOffice.net
MDDL Editor (Market Data Definition Language)
http://www.mddl.org/
FpML AWG Member (Financial Products Markup Language)
http://www.fpml.org/