Posted to user@vcl.apache.org by Satoshi Yamada <sa...@ale.csce.kyushu-u.ac.jp> on 2009/08/20 15:17:44 UTC

Any document for "Creating Linux base install" in creating base environments ?

Hi,

I am trying to set up VCL and want to create Linux base environment
under VMware.
But, there is no link to "Creating Linux base install" in "VCL Install
Guide".

So, could someone tell me how to set up Linux base environment?

I also wonder if Linux base environment under VMware is supported in
the current version
of VCL because there is no script files in
/incubator/vcl/trunk/managementnode/tools.

thanks,
satoshi

Re: Any document for "Creating Linux base install" in creating base environments ?

Posted by Satoshi Yamada <sa...@ale.csce.kyushu-u.ac.jp>.
 >Sengor,

Thanks for your comments. Actually I went through the process 1) - 34)
in the INSTALLATION documents and vcl web interface seems to wok fine.
I need help for process after 34).

I would like to set up linux base environments to be provisioned. I
think we have to create guest OS on the management node, set the image
in the proper directory, modify the VCL database, install some software
like VMwareServer in the computer node, etc.

But I am not sure what to do or even not sure if the provision of linux
image under VMware has been implemented yet because I could not find
the scripts to be embedded for the guest OS. I find scripts for Windows
base image.

So, please let me know some tips for process after 34).

Thanks,
satoshi

On 2009/08/23, at 23:18, Sengor wrote:

> Worked my problem out, I did not set the COOKIEDOMAIN in conf.php
> appropriately.  :)
>
> On Sun, Aug 23, 2009 at 11:43 PM, Sengor <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Satoshi,
>> Refer to http://ibiblio.org/vclvm/ and/or look under the INSALLATION
>> file from svn repository.
>> I'm currently experimenting with VCL on Ubuntu within VMware, so far
>> can get into the login screen, login with the admin account (login
>> does not fail) however VCL refers me all the way back to the login
>> screen. Trying to figure out why this is happening...
>
> --
> sengork

Satoshi YAMADA <sa...@ale.csce.kyushu-u.ac.jp>
Department of Computer Science and Communication
Engineering, Graduate School of Information Science and
Electrical Engineering, Kyushu University

Re: Any document for "Creating Linux base install" in creating base environments ?

Posted by Sengor <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sengor <se...@gmail.com>.
Hi Satoshi,
Refer to http://ibiblio.org/vclvm/ and/or look under the INSALLATION file
from svn repository.
I'm currently experimenting with VCL on Ubuntu within VMware, so far can get
into the login screen, login with the admin account (login does not fail)
however VCL refers me all the way back to the login screen. Trying to figure
out why this is happening...

--
sengork