Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Michael Gentry <bl...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/26 16:52:00 UTC

ObjEntity Name vs Class Name

This is probably a question for Andrus, but what is the history/reason for
having two separate names?  Is this really needed?

Example XML:

<obj-entity name="Organization" className="some.package.Organization"
dbEntityName="..." superClassName="...">

I can't think of a good reason to have the base name (Organization) be
different.

Thoughts?

mrg

Re: ObjEntity Name vs Class Name

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
Generic entities.

Of course generic entities are a tiny minority of the use cases (and are mostly used when ORM model is created dynamically in runtime).

Andrus