Posted to dev@parquet.apache.org by Gidon Gershinsky <gg...@gmail.com> on 2018/02/27 18:21:54 UTC

Encryption: next steps

Hi all,

I wonder if we can make progress on encryption Jiras before the next sync.
I have completed an initial end-to-end implementation. It will be split
into 4 PRs - 2 in parquet-format and 2 in parquet-mr. Each PR is dependent
on its predecessor, so currently I have sent only the first one, with new
structures (see the design doc) added in parquet.thrift. Any feedback (or
merge) will be appreciated. If needed, we can set up a meeting on this with
the reviewer(s).

Regards, Gidon