Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Andrew Todd <an...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/17 23:13:11 UTC

Stages in load tests?

I apologize if this sounds like an obvious question, but looking
through the manual, I can't find an answer to this.

As the initial phase of my load test, I would like to make a large
number of HTTP requests. Eventually the data from these requests is
getting persisted to a database.

The second phase, is when I really start to care about performance
metrics, once the database has been loaded with a significant amount
of sample data. At that point, I will be making queries on the data
that was loaded in the first phase, as well as loading more sample
data simultaneously. All of this will happen via HTTP requests.

If I set up a thread group with the HTTP requests I'm planning to
make, all fed from CSV files, they all start to execute
simultaneously. I've looked at the available controllers, and can't
figure out how to get around this. What I'd like is for some requests
to run through all of the data in their CSV file before the next
request configurations start. If it's not possible in JMeter, I guess
I can split these into two separate test plans?

Thanks.

Re: Stages in load tests?

Posted by apc <ap...@apc.kg>.
Also try checking "Run thread groups consecutively" checkbox in Test Plan.

-----
--
Andrey Pohilko
JP@GC Maintainer

Re: Stages in load tests?

Posted by Andrew Todd <an...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 5:26 PM, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Or use the setUp Thread Group?
>
> http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/component_reference.html#setUp_Thread_Group

Thanks for pointing that out, it should be an adequate solution.

Re: Stages in load tests?

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.