Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Steve Cohen <sc...@javactivity.org> on 2009/12/22 18:39:15 UTC

surefire-2.4.2 plugin

I'm trying to build the test goal of a project.  Something in my setup
(not sure what, I'm using m2eclipse with all the default settings) is
translating that to using surefire-2.4.2 but apparently this plugin is
no good.

<title>301 Moved Permanently</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Moved Permanently</h1>
href="http://download.java.net/maven/1/org.apache.maven.plugins/poms/maven-surefire-plugin-2.4.2.pom">here</a>.</p>
<hr>
<address>Apache Server at maven-repository.dev.java.net Port 443</address>

The
http://download.java.net/maven/1/org.apache.maven.plugins/poms/maven-surefire-plugin-2.4.2.pom
is not good either.

What's going on here and how might I get around it?

Re: surefire-2.4.2 plugin

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.
You should always pin down the version of all plugins used. You do that
through the use of the pluginManagement section. In your case I believe
v2.4.2 is defined through the pluginManagement section of Maven's super pom.
However, that version will change whenever you change version of Maven,
which could make your build behave differently - and you won't understand
why.

Regarding the link to the pom: don't use the java.net repo. Use central
instead (which is the default), http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/.

/Anders