Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Frances <fd...@yahoo.com> on 2006/02/28 18:48:40 UTC

Tomcat 3 -- servlets don't reload..

when I make changes to a servlet I don't see changes unless I turn
tomcat off and on...  this is a huge pain, it's at work, where we can't
be turning Tomcat off and on all day long whenever we make changes to a
servlet..  Is there a way around this?  (Does Tomcat 3 come with a
Manager?  I can't find manager-howto.html among docs (which does come
with Tomcat 5..)  many thanks..

Frances

Re: Tomcat 3 -- servlets don't reload..

Posted by Frances <fd...@yahoo.com>.
Frances wrote:
> when I make changes to a servlet I don't see changes unless I turn
> tomcat off and on...  this is a huge pain, it's at work, where we can't
> be turning Tomcat off and on all day long whenever we make changes to a
> servlet..  Is there a way around this?  (Does Tomcat 3 come with a
> Manager?  I can't find manager-howto.html among docs (which does come
> with Tomcat 5..)  many thanks..
>
> Frances

I do have this for every webapp in server.xml:

  <Context path="/<nameOfWebapp>"
                  docBase="webapps/<nameOfWebapp>"
                  crossContext="false"
                  debug="0"
                  reloadable="true" >

so why won't servlets reload when I make changes to them?  (again, this
is on Tomcat 3, 3.2.2, to be precise..)  thanks again..  Frances