Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Thomas Koch <th...@koch.ro> on 2010/01/07 10:48:48 UTC

debian package, ivy problems

Hi,

I started the debian packaging at
http://git.debian.org/?p=users/thkoch-guest/hadoop.git

I wrote my own ivysettings.xml[1] so that ivy won't go online, but rather uses
what's already installed as debian packages. However ivy spits some errors at
me like:

commons-logging#commons-logging;working@debian-maven-repo: configuration not
found in commons-logging#commons-logging;working@debian-maven-repo: 'master'.
It was required from org.apache.hadoop#Hadoop;working@jona commons-logging

It does find commons-logging and puts it in the cache. There are only two
dependencies that work (commons-cli#commons-cli;1.2, oro#oro;2.0.8) which have
the conf attribute "common->default". The failing dependencies have "common-
>master".

I'm testing the whole thing with

ant -lib /usr/share/java/ivy.jar \
    -propertyfile debian/ant.properties \
    ivy-resolve-common

[1] http://git.debian.org/?p=users/thkoch-
guest/hadoop.git;a=blob;f=debian/ivysettings.xml

Best regards,

Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro

Re: debian package, ivy problems

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.
Thomas Koch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I started the debian packaging at
> http://git.debian.org/?p=users/thkoch-guest/hadoop.git
>
> I wrote my own ivysettings.xml[1] so that ivy won't go online, but rather uses
> what's already installed as debian packages. However ivy spits some errors at
> me like:

You know there's a trick you can do with ant, run it with the
build.sysclasspath=only property, then you can leave ivy to do its
onlineness, but you can completely ignore the values. This is how apache
gump does its thing. It let's ivy do whatever it wants to, but it
doesn't get used for classpath setup:
http://ant.apache.org/manual/sysclasspath.html

Ivy would be used to set up the lists of files to copy into tar files,
but if you grab just the hadoop JARs by name, you don' t have to care
about that either. Just set the build up with the classpath set to
everything you want Hadoop to see, run the build with
build.sysclasspath=only

> commons-logging#commons-logging;working@debian-maven-repo: configuration not
> found in commons-logging#commons-logging;working@debian-maven-repo: 'master'.
> It was required from org.apache.hadoop#Hadoop;working@jona commons-logging
>
> It does find commons-logging and puts it in the cache. There are only two
> dependencies that work (commons-cli#commons-cli;1.2, oro#oro;2.0.8) which have
> the conf attribute "common->default". The failing dependencies have "common-
>> master".

default = "jar plus dependencies"; master = "jar only".

1. what v.of commons logging are you looking to pull in? v 1.1.1's POM
dependencies look a bit more complex
2. what is your current ivy file?

Re: debian package, ivy problems

Posted by Allen Wittenauer <aw...@linkedin.com>.

On 1/7/10 1:48 AM, "Thomas Koch" <th...@koch.ro> wrote:
> I wrote my own ivysettings.xml[1] so that ivy won't go online, but rather uses
> what's already installed as debian packages.

Did build.properties with offline=true not work in this instance?

(I'm not an ivy guy)