Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by HE...@aol.com on 2016/07/03 22:58:28 UTC

Spell Checking on Open Office 4

Sunday, July 2, 2016

Dear Open Office,

I am not sure what is happening, but it seems that there is a problem with
the spell checker on my Apache Open Office 4. I have no idea if it is
working or  not and nothing I do show that it is.

Is there anything you can do to help me?

George Pierson

Re: Spell Checking on Open Office 4

Posted by "Keith N. McKenna" <ke...@comcast.net>.
HENDRYSHANNON@aol.com wrote:
> Sunday, July 2, 2016
>
> Dear Open Office,
>
> I am not sure what is happening, but it seems that there is a problem with
> the spell checker on my Apache Open Office 4. I have no idea if it is
> working or  not and nothing I do show that it is.
>
> Is there anything you can do to help me?
>
> George Pierson

George;

You really do not give us much to go on so I am going to suggest suggest
the normal first course for spell check problems.

The usual starting point for spellcheck problems is to delete or rename
the OpenOffice user profile. Doing this sorts out a very large
proportion [read: most] of OpenOffice stability problems. Details of how
to do this are given in
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/How_Tos/Handling_the_OpenOffice.org_User_Profile

If this does not resolve your problem please post back to the list with
more details of what t he problem seems to be.

Regards
Keith

PS as you are not subscribed to the list I have cc'd your e-mail account
as a courtesy. Please reply ONLY to the list and not to my e-mail.
Replies to my personal e-mail will be taken as permission to forward
them to the list.
--
Keith N. McKenna, p/OSB