Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by al...@aim.com on 2011/06/01 08:18:54 UTC

keeping index up to date

Hello,

I use nutch-1.2 to index about 3000 sites. One of them has about 1500 pdf files which do not change over time.
I wondered if there is a way of configuring nutch not to fetch unchanged documents again and again, but keep the old index for them.

Thanks.
Alex.

Re: keeping index up to date

Posted by Radim Kolar <hs...@sendmail.cz>.
Dne 26.7.2011 21:55, Markus Jelsma napsal(a):
> We have the injector for that ;)

What will injector do if injected URL is already in database? Will be
injected with priority 1.0 and re-scheduled for immediate fetch?

Re: keeping index up to date

Posted by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io>.

<ma...@openindex.io>wrote:
> > >  Hi,
> > >
> > > I took a look to the  recrawl script and noticed that all the steps
> >
> > except
> >
> > > urls injection are repeated at the consequent indexing and wondered why
> > > would we generate new segments? Is it possible to do fetch, update for
> >
> > all
> >
> > > previous $s1..$sn , invertlink  and index steps.
> >
> > No, the generater generates a segment with a list of URL for the fetcher
> > to fetch. You can, if you like, then merge segments.
> >
> > > Thanks.
> > > Alex.

Re: keeping index up to date

Posted by al...@aim.com.

--
*Lewis*

Re: keeping index up to date

Posted by lewis john mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

--
*Lewis*

Re: keeping index up to date

Posted by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io>.
>  Hi,
>
> I took a look to the  recrawl script and noticed that all the steps except
> urls injection are repeated at the consequent indexing and wondered why
> would we generate new segments? Is it possible to do fetch, update for all
> previous $s1..$sn , invertlink  and index steps.

No, the generater generates a segment with a list of URL for the fetcher to
fetch. You can, if you like, then merge segments.

> Thanks.
> Alex.

Re: keeping index up to date

Posted by al...@aim.com.