Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Holger Hoffstätte <ho...@googlemail.com> on 2012/06/06 16:33:35 UTC

Explicitly import sun.misc when non-optional - yay or nay?

Hi,

I'm trying to fix disruptor's b0rken bundle manifest and it hard-requires
sun.misc, hooray. This got me thinking: considering that sun.misc often
needs to be added to system packages/bootdelegation anyway, is it a good
idea to still explicitly import it? I *think* it is good style in order to
explicitly mark the dependency and provide clear resolution errors instead
of relying on "good luck" and randomly working bootdelegation. Others
might disgree.

So, explicit import non-optional system package dependency - good or bad?

-h

Re: Explicitly import sun.misc when non-optional - yay or nay?

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
Good idea. Bundles should never lie about their dependencies.

-> richard