Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Pascal Schumacher <pa...@gmx.net> on 2018/03/18 11:42:23 UTC

Jenkins Pipeline Build Missing Deploy Phase?

Hello,

Jenkins successfully build camel a few hours ago, but when I try to
build only camel-core locally I get:

[INFO] Building Camel :: Core 2.22.0-SNAPSHOT
[INFO] --------------------------------[ jar
]---------------------------------
Downloading from apache.snapshots:
http://repository.apache.org/snapshots/org/apache/camel/camel-package-maven-plugin/2.22.0-SNAPSHOT/maven-metadata.xml
Downloading from apache.snapshots:
http://repository.apache.org/snapshots/org/apache/camel/camel-package-maven-plugin/2.22.0-SNAPSHOT/camel-package-maven-plugin-2.22.0-SNAPSHOT.pom
[WARNING] The POM for
org.apache.camel:camel-package-maven-plugin:jar:2.22.0-SNAPSHOT is
missing, no dependency information available
Downloading from apache.snapshots:
http://repository.apache.org/snapshots/org/apache/camel/camel-package-maven-plugin/2.22.0-SNAPSHOT/camel-package-maven-plugin-2.22.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

[ERROR] Plugin
org.apache.camel:camel-package-maven-plugin:2.22.0-SNAPSHOT or one of
its dependencies could not be resolved: Could not find artifact
org.apache.camel:camel-package-maven-plugin:jar:2.22.0-SNAPSHOT in
apache.snapshots (http://repository.apache.org/snapshots/) -> [Help 1]

https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots/org/apache/camel/apache-camel/
does not contains 2.22.0-SNAPSHOT and the build output of
https://builds.apache.org/view/C/view/Apache%20Camel/job/Camel/job/master/139/console
does not contain any maven-deploy-plugin output.

So I guess the Jenkins pipeline build is missing the deploy phase, or
are camel-snapshot supposed to be deployed my some other means?

Cheers,

Pascal

Re: Jenkins Pipeline Build Missing Deploy Phase?

Posted by Zoran Regvart <zo...@regvart.com>.
Hello Cameleers,
I've made few refinements to the Jenkins pipeline. Now only `master`
branch's artefacts are pushed to Maven repository, and failing
Checkstyle checks no longer prevents tests from being run.

It's a good idea to keep an eye on any Checkstyle issues to have a
smoother release as those will fail release builds. A URL that you can
bookmark to see Checkstyle issues is:

https://builds.apache.org/job/Camel/job/master/lastSuccessfulBuild/checkstyleResult/

zoran
--
Zoran Regvart

Re: Jenkins Pipeline Build Missing Deploy Phase?

Posted by Zoran Regvart <zo...@regvart.com>.
Hello,

On Wed, Mar 21, 2018 at 9:04 AM, Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can we have another pipeline that just does the deploy?
> Then we can have the deploy to run once per day.
> And if we are in need of a quicker SNAPSHOT we can kick the job
> manually, and it would take 1h

We can, but that one also can't be all-or-nothing without taking two
steps -- so two hours. If that `deployAtEnd` was working out it can be
all-or-nothing within the same Maven invocation, otherwise it has to
be two invocations (for all-or-nothing). Insert picture of sad puppy
here.

> And then have this pipeline that does the testing.
>
> If we only build SNAPSHOT after a 100% successfull complete pipeline
> with all testing etc. Then it may delay and take days/weeks.
> There can be odd / weird test failures once in a while. So I would
> like to separate them, and have up-to-date SNAPSHOTs
>
> If we have 1 pipeline then I am okay with the deploy in the build
> phase, so a SNAPSHOT is up-to-date.

I think it's probably best to have a single pipeline and a `Build &
Deploy` stage. Let me make that change.

zoran
--
Zoran Regvart

Re: Jenkins Pipeline Build Missing Deploy Phase?

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MDEPLOY-226 or

--
Claus Ibsen
-----------------

Re: Jenkins Pipeline Build Missing Deploy Phase?

Posted by Zoran Regvart <zo...@regvart.com>.
Hi Pascal & Cameleers,

--
Zoran Regvart

Re: Jenkins Pipeline Build Missing Deploy Phase?

Posted by Zoran Regvart <zo...@regvart.com>.
Hi Pascal,

--
Zoran Regvart

Re: Jenkins Pipeline Build Missing Deploy Phase?

Posted by Pascal Schumacher <pa...@gmx.net>.
Hi Zoran,

Posted by Zoran Regvart <zo...@regvart.com>.
Hello,

--
Zoran Regvart

Re: Jenkins Pipeline Build Missing Deploy Phase?

Posted by Zoran Regvart <zo...@regvart.com>.
Hi Pascal,

--
Zoran Regvart