Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Chaudhuri, Hiran" <Hi...@softwareag.com> on 2005/12/08 14:54:11 UTC

AW: Tomcat session serialisation & work directory

Hi, Yoav.

As requested by Mark I send my reply on this list.

My Tomcat version is 4.0.29. I know it is old, therefore I retested the work directory settings with Tomcat 5.5.12 and all that I mention now will be that current release.

It seems to me that Tomcat completely ignores the work directory settings. Both compiled jsps and ".ser" files are created in the catalina_home/work directory, although I set it to c:\temp for that context.
My test web application is minimalistic, it contains simply one jsp page that lists all context parameters. My server.xml is attached (derived from server-minimal.xml).

So (for me) the standard distribution does not do what I need regarding the work directory. I thought of writing my own session manager, but it seems that this alone is not enough, as the work directory and sessions.ser is still created.

Any ideas?

Hiran