Posted to dev@sqoop.apache.org by Abraham Elmahrek <ab...@cloudera.com> on 2015/05/06 20:05:07 UTC

[DISCUSS] Developer Meetups Merge with User Meetups

Hey guys,

I'd like to merge the developer meetups and the user group meetups (
http://www.meetup.com/Sqoop-User-Meetup/). We could start this after the
already scheduled developer meetups.

I see a couple of benefits to doing this:

   - Users can be involved in the development direction of Sqoop
   - Developer meetups can be ran through meetup.com which provides a slew
   of features like members, announcements, etc.
   - Better interface + communication in general

What do you guys think?

-Abe

Re: [DISCUSS] Developer Meetups Merge with User Meetups

Posted by Jarek Jarcec Cecho <ja...@apache.org>.
I think that it’s worth a shot Abe.

We can always re-evaluate if we have too distinct agendas between “user” and “developer” meetups and split them in the future.

Jarcec

Posted by Jarek Jarcec Cecho <ja...@apache.org>.