Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Dan Milstein <dm...@hubteam.com> on 2009/05/01 18:35:19 UTC

Sequence of Streaming Jobs

If I've got a sequence of streaming jobs, each of which depends on the
output of the previous one, is there a good way to launch that
sequence?  Meaning, I want step B to only start once step A has
finished.

 From within Java JobClient code, I can do submitJob/runJob, but is
there any sort of clean way to do this for a sequence of streaming jobs?

Thanks,
-Dan Milstein

Re: Sequence of Streaming Jobs

Posted by Aditya Desai <ad...@gmail.com>.
In python it can be run as a system command by executing the it in the form
of os.system(cmd). However can anybody tell me how  to detect failure of
this command in python.

--

James Thurber<http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/j/james_thurber.html>
- "Women are wiser than men because they know less and understand

Re: Sequence of Streaming Jobs

Posted by Billy Pearson <sa...@pearsonwholesale.com>.

Posted by jason hadoop <ja...@gmail.com>.
if you are using the sh or bash, the variable $? holds the exit status of
the last command to execute.

hadoop jar streaming.jar ...
if [ $? -ne 0 ]; then
    echo "My job failed" 2>&1
    exit 1
fi

Caution $? is the very last command to execute's exit status. It is easy to
run another command before testing and then test the wrong command's exit
status

http://www.apress.com/book/view/9781430219422

Re: Sequence of Streaming Jobs

Posted by Mayuran Yogarajah <ma...@casalemedia.com>.