Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by David Gerdt <Dg...@bju.edu> on 2008/05/19 18:47:54 UTC

Unwanted extra page between page-sequences

Hello all-

Can someone help me understand why I'm getting an extra blank page with the attached fo file? If I remove either one of the page sequences, it renders correctly as a single page pdf. If both are together, I keep getting a blank page between the two.

I'm sure it's probably a simple error that I've just overlooked, but I've hit a wall and would love another pair of eyes to help me see what I'm not seeing.

I'm running 0.95beta.

Thanks in advance!

Dave

RE: Unwanted extra page between page-sequences

Posted by David Gerdt <Dg...@bju.edu>.
Bingo! Makes perfect sense and fixes the problem.

I do actually need to reset the page numbers with each page sequence as there are page numbers in header sections on some of the pages that need to start over with each sequence. I had stripped them out in the sample file, trying to get to the root of the problem.

Thanks!

>>> "Amick, Eric" <Er...@mail.house.gov> 5/19/2008 1:38 PM >>>
Your second page sequence has an initial-page-number of 1. Since the first page sequence generated only one page, and the starting page number of the second sequence is odd, FO is required to generate a blank page by default. The solution depends on what you're after. If the second sequence is supposed to have a starting number of 1 and you don't want the blank page, add the

force-page-count="no-force"

property to the first page sequence. If you just want the page numbering to continue from one sequence to the next, the simplest solution is to remove the initial-page-number from the second page sequence.

Eric Amick
Legislative Computer Systems
Office of the Clerk

Posted by "Amick, Eric" <Er...@mail.house.gov>.

Posted by "Talken, Patrick (GE Infra, Aviation)" <pa...@ge.com>.
I am running 0.20.5 but it might not make a difference. I tried your .fo
file  after removing the  initial-page-number="1"> on the second page
sequence and I didn't get the blank page, so that maybe the issue.

Patrick

  _____