Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Felix Meschberger <fm...@adobe.com> on 2012/12/03 07:50:25 UTC

Re: [WebConsole] Categories for plugins

Hi

Thanks for the patches and the issues.

I have slightly modified them (see the issues for details) and applied them.

So, plugins may now be registered with a felix.webconsole.category property (or overwrite the AbstractWebConsolePlugin.getCategory() method). This allows the Web Console to create Menues to access the plugins.

Plugins without a category specified will be placed into the default category "Main" (for now this is hard coded).

We have a few missing links here:

  * Categories are not translated yet
  * The default category is hard coded
  * The plugin sort order is by URL label and not by title

In any case, I have updated the Web Console itself to categorize its own plugins.

I have deployed a SNAPSHOT of this to the Apache Snapshot repository if you want to give it a try.

Regards
Felix

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@adobe.com>.
Hi Henry

Thanks alot. Will look into it ASAP (unless someone else beats me to it ;-) )

Regards
Felix

Posted by Henry Saginor <hs...@gmail.com>.
Hi Felix,