Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Nicholas Grabowski <ni...@schwab.com> on 2003/04/15 19:31:31 UTC

Is anyone using struts 1.1 in production?

All

I am trying to find out if any of you guys out there are using struts
1.1 in production and if you feel it's risky to do so.

We've been eagerly awaiting the 1.1 final release, and I've been told by
management that I can't go live with 1.1 without the final release
(which means a migration to 1.0).  However, if enough people say that
they are using it I might be able to persuade my management to rethink
the decision.

Thanks in advance.

Nick

Re: Is anyone using struts 1.1 in production?

Posted by Rick Reumann <r...@reumann.net>.
On 15 Apr 2003 10:31:31 -0700
Nicholas Grabowski <ni...@schwab.com> wrote:

> I am trying to find out if any of you guys out there are using struts
> 1.1 in production

We use it in production. No problems.

--
Rick
mailto: r@reumann.net

Web site using Struts

Posted by EG <eg...@licef.teluq.uquebec.ca>.
I am looking for web site (Portail) using Struts.  I'd like to see some code
examples.  Where I can find it ?

Thanks

Re: Is anyone using struts 1.1 in production?

Posted by Tim Shadel <ti...@zserve.com>.
Yeah, we are.  We started 1.1 in production with b1, and have moved
forward with all major milestones up through rc1.  Our external web app
has tens of thousands of users, and we're very happy with Struts 1.1.

Tim

Posted by Andrew Hill <an...@gridnode.com>.
Havent really got as far as performance tuning - but as far as I can make
out struts is already highly performant. Inprovement is to be gained by
tweaking ones own code - which of course is application specific.

Posted by Doug Bryant <db...@scra.org>.

Posted by Joao Araujo <jo...@wireless-networks.com>.
Hi,
>Revisiting a thread from a last week:
>
>My company is considering using Struts 1.1 and I'd like to convince the
>powers that be that it's a good idea. The responses in the thread on 4/15
>were all supportive but with very little in the way of verifiable detail.
>That said:
>
>Who among you are using Struts 1.1 in production?

         I am using for three months

>What sort of app?

         I have an app to input large amount of data in a database.

>How complex?

         Median complexity.

>Is your app publicly viewable?

         NO.

>What's the URL?
>What specific problems have you encountered?
Lots of configuration problems when I moved from 1.1.3b to 1.1 release.
Anyway it is working fine.

Joao,

Posted by Mike Jasnowski <mj...@bea.com>.
.. their console I meant

Well, if it's any consolation, the IBM WebSphere console thought enough of
it to go with it. THere current console uses struts 1.1 I believe.

Posted by Mike Jasnowski <mj...@bea.com>.