Posted to user@struts.apache.org by coolsayan <co...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/28 18:19:44 UTC

error validation error

how to solve??why this  not working??

code in login.jsp

<%@page contentType="text/html"%>
<%@page pageEncoding="UTF-8"%>

<%@ taglib uri="http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/tags-bean" prefix="bean" %>
<%@ taglib uri="http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/tags-html" prefix="html" %>
<%@ taglib uri="http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/tags-logic" prefix="logic"
%>

        JSP Page

 Login Form

                    	 register.jsp Register to login

                    	Enter Your user name:

                    	Enter Your Password:

                    	 forgetpass.jsp Forget Password

code in ActionBean:

/*
 * To change this template, choose Tools | Templates
 * and open the template in the editor.
 */

package com.myapp.struts;

import javax.naming.NamingException;
import javax.servlet.http.*;
import javax.servlet.*;
//import javax.sql.DataSource;
import org.apache.struts.action.ActionErrors;
import org.apache.struts.action.ActionMessage;
//import sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver;

/**
 *
 * @author Administrator
 */
public class LoginForm extends org.apache.struts.action.ActionForm {
    //private JdbcOdbcDriver serviceLocator;

    private String name;
    //private String name;
    private String password;

    public String getPassword() {
        return password;
    }

    public void setPassword(String password) {
        this.password = password;
    }

    private int number;

    /**
     * @return
     */
    public String getName() {
        return name;
    }

    /**
     * @param string
     */
    public void setName(String string) {
        name = string;
    }

    /**
     * @return
     */
    public int getNumber() {
        return number;
    }

    /**
     * @param i
     */
    public void setNumber(int i) {
        number = i;
    }

    /**
     *
     */
    public LoginForm() {
        super();
        // TODO Auto-generated constructor stub
    }

    /**
     * This is the action called from the Struts framework.
     * @param mapping The ActionMapping used to select this instance.
     * @param request The HTTP Request we are processing.
     * @return
     */

    public ActionErrors validate(ActionMapping mapping, HttpServletRequest
request) {
        if (getName() == null || getName().length() < 1) {
            errors.add("name", new ActionMessage("error.name.required"));
            // TODO: add 'error.name.required' key to your resources
        }
        return errors;
    }

}

code in Action servlet:

/*
 * To change this template, choose Tools | Templates
 * and open the template in the editor.
 */
package com.myapp.struts;

import javax.servlet.http.*;
import java.io.*;
import org.apache.struts.action.Action;
import org.apache.struts.action.ActionForward;

/**
 *
 * @author Administrator
 */
public class LoginAction extends org.apache.struts.action.Action {

    /* forward name="success" path="" */
    private final static String SUCCESS = "success";
    private final static String FAILURE = "failure";

    /**
     * This is the action called from the Struts framework.
     * @param mapping The ActionMapping used to select this instance.
     * @param form The optional ActionForm bean for this request.
     * @param request The HTTP Request we are processing.
     * @param response The HTTP Response we are processing.
     * @throws java.lang.Exception
     * @return
     */
    public ActionForward execute(ActionMapping mapping, ActionForm form,
            HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse response)
            throws Exception {
        LoginForm formBean = (LoginForm) form;
        String name = formBean.getName();
        String password = formBean.getPassword();

// perform validation
        if ((name.isEmpty()) || // name parameter does not exist
                password == null || // email parameter does not exist
                name.equals("") || // name parameter is empty
                password.isEmpty()) {   // password lacks '@'

            return mapping.findForward(FAILURE);
        }

        HttpSession mySession=request.getSession(true);
         mySession.setMaxInactiveInterval(30);
        return mapping.findForward(SUCCESS);
    }
}

Error

HTTP Status 500 -

type Exception report

message

descriptionThe server encountered an internal error () that prevented it
from fulfilling this request.

exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: PWC1244: Servlet execution threw an
exception
root cause

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.apache.struts.config.ForwardConfig.getContextRelative()Z
note The full stack traces of the exception and its root causes are
available in the Sun GlassFish Enterprise Server v2.1 logs.

Re: error validation error

Posted by Paul Benedict <pb...@apache.org>.
Update your taglib uris. Struts is no longer a jakarta project, unless
you're using 1.0 or 1.1

Re: error validation error

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
Martin Gainty wrote:
> please view this comprehensive explanation of dojo mapped functions by Ted
> http://struts.apache.org/2.1.6/docs/developing-ajax-widgets.html

Wrong thread.

Dave

Re: error validation error

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
coolsayan wrote:

 From the docs:

"Name of the property for which error messages should be displayed. If
not specified, all error messages (regardless of property) are displayed."

You don't have a property named "error.name.required"--that sounds like
the name of a message resource to me. You have "password" and "name"
properties.

 > <%@ taglib uri="http://struts.apache.org/tags-html" prefix="bean" %>
 > <%@ taglib uri="http://struts.apache.org/tags-html" prefix="html" %>

You're using the same URI for two different taglibs. While this will
work, it's probably not what you want. I don't see any uses of bean
tags, so you can just delete the wrong one, or fix it.

Dave

RE: error validation error

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Paul

we will need to see web.xml
struts.xml
struts-default.xml

need to determine which action class '/login' is maps to

then we'll need to see your java action class as well

thanks,
Martin Gainty

> Date: Sat, 30 May 2009 12:10:12 -0700
> From: coolsayan.2009@gmail.com
> To: user@struts.apache.org
> Subject: Re: <html:errors/> error validation error
>

> <%@page contentType="text/html"%>
> <%@page pageEncoding="UTF-8"%>
>
> <%@ taglib uri="http://struts.apache.org/tags-html" prefix="bean" %>
> <%@ taglib uri="http://struts.apache.org/tags-html" prefix="html" %>

>    "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
>     <head>
>         <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="menu.css">
>         <title>Login</title>
>     </head>
>         <jsp:include page="head.jsp"/>
>  <h1>Login Form</h1>
> width="400px">
>
>             <tbody>

>             </tbody>

> no error out put still it is configured...what to do?

> Paul Benedict-2 wrote:
> >
> > http://wiki.apache.org/struts/StrutsUpgradeNotes11to124

Windows Live™: Keep your life in sync.

Re: error validation error

Posted by coolsayan <co...@gmail.com>.
<%@page contentType="text/html"%>
<%@page pageEncoding="UTF-8"%>

Re: error validation error

Posted by Paul Benedict <pb...@apache.org>.
http://wiki.apache.org/struts/StrutsUpgradeNotes11to124

RE: error validation error

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
please view this comprehensive explanation of dojo mapped functions by Ted
http://struts.apache.org/2.1.6/docs/developing-ajax-widgets.html

hth
Martin Gainty

Re: error validation error