Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Kraus, Ralf | pixelhouse GmbH" <rk...@pixelhouse.de> on 2008/10/13 11:45:27 UTC

Re: Need help with DictionaryCompoundWordTokenFilterFactory

Thx a lot !

I downloaded a dictionary called "de_DR.xml" and put it into my "conf"
directory...
Then I changed my schema.xml to :

class="solr.DictionaryCompoundWordTokenFilterFactory"
dictFile="./conf/de_DR.xml"
minWordSize="5"
minSubwordSize="2"
maxSubwordSize="15"
onlyLongestMatch="true"

but solr can´t find the dictionary file :-(

SCHWERWIEGEND: Could not start SOLR. Check solr/home property
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error opening null
at
org.apache.solr.core.SolrResourceLoader.openResource(SolrResourceLoader.java:191)
at
org.apache.solr.core.SolrResourceLoader.getLines(SolrResourceLoader.java:237)
at
org.apache.solr.core.SolrResourceLoader.getLines(SolrResourceLoader.java:213)
at
org.apache.solr.analysis.DictionaryCompoundWordTokenFilterFactory.inform(DictionaryCompoundWordTokenFilterFactory.java:49)
at
org.apache.solr.core.SolrResourceLoader.inform(SolrResourceLoader.java:322)

Any hints ?

Greets -Ralf-

Re: Need help with DictionaryCompoundWordTokenFilterFactory

Posted by "Kraus, Ralf | pixelhouse GmbH" <rk...@pixelhouse.de>.
Chris Hostetter schrieb:
> : :    dictFile="de_DR.xml"
> :
> : according to the code the param name is "dictionary" not dictFile.
>
> PS: the dictionary file shouldn't be and XML file, it should look just
> like a stopwords file (one word per line)
>

> -Hoss

thx !!!!!

It finally runs perfect !

Greets -Ralf-

RE: Need help with DictionaryCompoundWordTokenFilterFactory

Posted by Steven A Rowe <sa...@syr.edu>.
Hi Ralf,

On 10/14/2008 at 9:35 AM, Kraus, Ralf | pixelhouse GmbH wrote:
> Steven A Rowe schrieb:
> > Oops, variable-name != attribute-name.
> >
> > Thanks Hoss.
> >
> > Steve
> So ....
>
> "dictFile" or "dictionary"  ???

Sorry, didn't mean to muddy the water.

Hoss is correct.  I misread the source code.  "dictionary" is the correct attribute name, not "dictFile".

Steve

Re: Need help with DictionaryCompoundWordTokenFilterFactory

Posted by "Kraus, Ralf | pixelhouse GmbH" <rk...@pixelhouse.de>.
Steven A Rowe schrieb:
> Oops, variable-name != attribute-name.
>
> Thanks Hoss.
>
> Steve
So ....

"dictFile" or "dictionary"  ???

Greets -Ralf-

RE: Need help with DictionaryCompoundWordTokenFilterFactory

Posted by Steven A Rowe <sa...@syr.edu>.

Posted by Steven A Rowe <sa...@syr.edu>.
Hi Ralf,

On 10/13/2008 at 5:45 AM, Kraus, Ralf | pixelhouse GmbH wrote:
> but solr can´t find the dictionary file :-(

Try using the name of the file without a path - I believe the conf/ directory is in the search path used by Solr when loading resources, i.e.:

   dictFile="de_DR.xml"

As an alternative, you should definitely be able to give an absolute path to the dictionary file.

Steve