Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jacobo Rodríguez <ja...@avescal.com> on 2007/05/10 10:40:06 UTC

2 connectors (http and https) and how make manager manage all apps

Hello,

Working with Tomcat 5 and Debian (without Apache as front-end) I have
two groups of applications. The first one have been configured to work
through https and the second one with http. My problem is that the
manager application doesn't detect the http applications, so for
restarting, stopping and loading them, I have to restart the whole Tomcat.
Here is my Tomcat's server.xml

*<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Server>
  <Listener className="org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener"/>
  <Listener
className="org.apache.catalina.mbeans.GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener"/>
  <Listener
className="org.apache.catalina.storeconfig.StoreConfigLifecycleListener"/>
  <Listener className="org.apache.catalina.mbeans.ServerLifecycleListener"/>
  <GlobalNamingResources>
    <Environment name="simpleValue"  type="java.lang.Integer"   value="30"/>
    <Resource auth="Container"  description="User database that can be
updated and saved"
        name="UserDatabase"  type="org.apache.catalina.UserDatabase"
pathname="conf/tomcat-users.xml"
factory="org.apache.catalina.users.MemoryUserDatabaseFactory"/>
  </GlobalNamingResources>
*
*  <Service name="Catalina">
    <Connector port="443" scheme="https" secure="true"
minSpareThreads="25" clientAuth="false" keystorePass="xxxxxxxxxx"
        keystoreFile="/opt/apache-tomcat-5.5.20/keystores/.keystore"
maxSpareThreads="75" maxThreads="150" sslProtocol="TLS"/>
    <Engine defaultHost="localhost" name="Catalina">
      <Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.UserDatabaseRealm"/>
      <Host appBase="webappsStandard" name="localhost"/>
    </Engine>
  </Service>

  <Service name="webappsGIS">
    <Connector port="80" maxHttpHeaderSize="8192"  maxThreads="150"
minSpareThreads="25" maxSpareThreads="75"
               enableLookups="false" redirectPort="8443"
acceptCount="100"  connectionTimeout="20000" disableUploadTimeout="true"
               compression="on"
compressableMiMeType="test/html,text/xml,text/plain,application/xml,application/pdf"/>
    <Engine defaultHost="geoserver" name="webappsGIS">
        <Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.UserDatabaseRealm"/>
        <Host appBase="gis" name="geoserver"/>
    </Engine>
  </Service>*
*</Server>*

Best regards,
Jacobo.

Re: 2 connectors (http and https) and how make manager manage all apps

Posted by Jacobo Rodríguez <ja...@avescal.com>.
Thanks!

That's worked nicely!

Best regards,
Jacobo.

Re: Installing Tomcat as a Windows Service - JvmOptions & semicolons

Posted by Steve Cavill <st...@infoclarity.com.au>.

I was able to get this to work by using the # separator.  I got it to work with the --jvmoptions format, but not the ++jvmoptions
format.  You also need to have more than one option so you can use the # separator.

This correctly added my two libraries to the java.library.path:
"%EXECUTABLE%" //US//%SERVICE_NAME% --JvmOptions
"-Dcatalina.base=%CATALINA_BASE%#-Dcatalina.home=%CATALINA_HOME%#-Djava.endorsed.dirs=%CATALINA_HOME%\common\endorsed#-Djava.library
.path=c:\oracle\ora92\bin;path2" --StartMode jvm --StopMode jvm

Steve.

I tried using single quotes with no success unfortunately.

If this could help anyone else, I was able to set the multiple path
java.library.path for the tomcat service by manually setting the
registry key with the windows reg utility:

reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Apache Software Foundation\Procrun
2.0\%SERVICE_NAME%\Parameters\Java" /v Options /t REG_MULTI_SZ /f /d
-Dcatalina.base=%CATALINA_HOME%\0-Dcatalina.home=%CATALINA_HOME%\0-Djava.endorsed.dirs \
=%CATALINA_HOME%\common\endorsed\0-Djava.io.tmpdir=%CATALINA_HOME%\temp\0-Djava.librar \
y.path=C:\example\dir1;C:\example\dir2;C:\example\dir3

--
Peter Lombardo
pglombardo@gmail.com

Posted by gb1071nx <gb...@globallyboundless.com>.
For a manager app that can do more than one host: http://www.talika.org/tms/index.html

I've tested it out and it works on TC 5.5.23.  But, I admit, I haven't tried to use it with http/https (or for that matter, two different connectors of plain http).

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.