Posted to commits@hama.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2010/05/10 08:01:48 UTC

[Hama Wiki] Trivial Update of "Architecture" by Edward J. Yoon

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Hama Wiki" for change notification.

The "Architecture" page has been changed by Edward J. Yoon.
http://wiki.apache.org/hama/Architecture?action=diff&rev1=93&rev2=94

  This effort is still a "work in progress". Please feel free to add comments.
  ----
+
+ == The overall architecture of HAMA ==
+ {{{
+      +-----------------------------------------------+
+      |                  HAMA APIs                    |
+      +-----------------------------------------------+
+   --------------------------------------------------------
+                          +---------------------------+
+                          | Graph Computing Framework |
+                          +---------------------------+   Computing Engine
+      +-----------+ +---------------------------------+
+      | MapReduce | | BSP (Bulk Synchronous Parallel) |
+      +-----------+ +---------------------------------+
+   --------------------------------------------------------
+      +-----------------------------------------------+
+      |                  Zookeeper                    |   Distributed Locking Service
+      +-----------------------------------------------+
+   --------------------------------------------------------
+      +-----------------------------------------------+
+      |                                               |
+      | +-----------------------------+               |
+      | | HBase : Distributed Storage |               |
+      | +-----------------------------+               |   Distributed Storage Systems
+      | +---------------------------------+           |
+      | | HDFS : Distributed File System  |           |
+      | +---------------------------------+           |
+      +-----------------------------------------------+
+ }}}
+
  == BSP ==

  The BSP package is a implementation of BSP over Hadoop RPC(sockets).

Re: [Hama Wiki] Trivial Update of "Architecture" by Edward J. Yoon

Posted by Hyunsik Choi <hy...@gmail.com>.
I correct typos as follows:

I'm not focusing on which one is better between BSP and M/R. I misunderstood
your intention due to the above your mention. It is because we will need not
only the BSP framework but also other programs to help *users* to develop
matrix algebra/graph processing *applications*.

--
Hyunsik Choi
Database & Information Systems Group, Korea Univ.

Posted by Hyunsik Choi <hy...@gmail.com>.
> As mentioned above, I'd like to show only some example of how you
implement your own matrix/graph applications using BSP.

I'm not focusing on which one is better between BSP and M/R. I misunderstood
your intention due to the above your mention. It is because we will need not
only the BSP framework but also other programs to help your to develop

Posted by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org>.
In this mailing

--
Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon
edwardyoon@apache.org

Re: [Hama Wiki] Trivial Update of "Architecture" by Edward J. Yoon

Posted by Hyunsik Choi <hy...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org>.

--
Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon
edwardyoon@apache.org

Re: [Hama Wiki] Trivial Update of "Architecture" by Edward J. Yoon

Posted by Hyunsik Choi <hy...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org>.

Posted by Hyunsik Choi <hy...@gmail.com>.