Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Goetzmann Bertrand <bg...@sophia.symag.com> on 2005/11/21 14:51:54 UTC

Simple question : Cocoon and Java 5

Hello,

I'm using Cocoon 2.0.x with Java 1.4 and want to use the latest Coccoon's version (2.1.8). Doest this version require Java 1.5 ?

Regards.

"As Java implies platform independence, and
XML implies language independence, JXTA implies
network independence."

B e r t r a n d   G o e t z m a n n
Sun Certified Enterprise Architect for J2EE Technology

<!-- O B J E C T  - E V E R Y W H E R E, sur Apache Cocoon -->
<site_web href=" www.object-everywhere.com "/>

LaSer-Symag
Tél. 04 92 91 34 00
www.symag.com

Re: Simple question : Cocoon and Java 5

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@apache.org>.
Goetzmann Bertrand wrote:

> *B e r t r a n d   G o e t z m a n n*
> *- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -*
> Sun Certified Developer for the Java 2 Platform
> Sun Certified Enterprise Architect for J2EE Technology
>
> /<!-- O B J E C T  - E V E R Y W H E R E, sur Apache Cocoon// -->/
> <site_web href=" _www.object-everywhere.com_
> <file://www.object-everywhere.com> "/>
>
> *LaSer-Symag*
> Tél. 04 92 91 34 00
> _www.symag.com_ <file://www.symag.com>

BTW, the links in your signature point to "file://www...." which
obviously won't work...

Also, would you be kind enough to post in plain text on the list?

Thanks,
Sylvain

Re: Simple question : Cocoon and Java 5

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Le 21 nov. 05, à 14:51, Goetzmann Bertrand a écrit :

> ..I'm using Cocoon 2.0.x with Java 1.4 and want to use the latest
> Coccoon's version (2.1.8). Doest this version require Java 1.5 ?..

No, we still support 1.4 as our main platform., you'll be fine.

-(another) Bertrand

Re: Simple question : Cocoon and Java 5

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@apache.org>.
Goetzmann Bertrand wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm using Cocoon 2.0.x with Java 1.4 and want to use the latest
> Coccoon's version (2.1.8). Doest this version require Java 1.5 ?

Certainly not. The full 2.1.x series of Cocoon is compatible with JDK 1.3.

Cocoon 2.2 is compatible with JDK 1.4

Sylvain