Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ty Mercer <ty...@gmail.com> on 2004/06/29 00:02:44 UTC

Jakart / Tomcat5 across multiple servers..?

Might be easy, but I looked over the archive and didn't see anything
requested like this before, so here goes.

I'm running the following:
Apache 2.0.49
Tomcat 5.0.25
Perl 5.8.3
Windows 2003 Server

Here is the deal..
Apache runs on an intranet server (named intranet)
All of the users home directories on located on a second server (named users)

Jakarta/apache/tomcat/perl work flawless when everything is located on
the intranet server, ie on the local disk.

I got apache to access the users home folders by giving it a user
name, granting that user read access to the user home directory and
creating a <Directory> container pointing to it via //users, and this
works fine also.

The problem is, when a user tries to run a perl script, jsp page or
any other non html related page it errors out stating the resource is
not available.  The apache log file states the path is invalid
e:\users\path-file-etc  which isn't correct

Anyone else tried to do this, know how to do this, or got a way around this?
I'm not opposed to installing tomcat/jakarta on the users server if
required, but I can't get that to work either.

Thanks.