Posted to user@bigtop.apache.org by bigtapp_root_aws quek <bi...@gmail.com> on 2023/06/22 07:34:55 UTC

Ambari server not compatible with even Ubuntu 20.04

Hi all,
I used the Ambari server, agent and mpackfiles from the Bigtop 3.2.0 repo
and tried to deploy Ambari manually on Ubuntu 2204.  After some modding of
the files, I reached the stage where Ambari Server can come up but after
adding the Ambari mpack, I still cannot see it as a version in the Ambari
interface (see attached image).

The error in the log file described it as a wrong version of OS.  Despite
editing the ambari.properties file, it still won't load the VDF.  Error
message from the log file below.  Where can I fix the Ambari code to get it
to work?

I hope that Bigtop 3.2.1 / Amabri 2.8.0 will work on distros that have at
least 2 years left in the mainstream support.

Keng

Error:
2023-06-22 03:23:30,628  WARN [ambari-client-thread-45] AmbariMetaInfo:1422
- Could not make a stack VDF for BGTP-1.0: javax.xml.bind.MarshalException
 - with linked exception:
[org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 0; columnNumber: 0;
cvc-enumeration-valid: Value 'ubuntu22' is not facet-valid with respect to
enumeration '[redhat6, redhat7, redhat-ppc6, redhat-ppc7, debian6, debian7,
debian9, ubuntu12, ubuntu14, ubuntu16, ubuntu18, suse11, suse12,
amazonlinux2]'. It must be a value from the enumeration.]
2023-06-22 03:23:30,629  INFO [ambari-client-thread-45] AmbariMetaInfo:1430
- Stack Bigtop-2.1 is not active, skipping VDF:

Re: Ambari server not compatible with even Ubuntu 20.04

Posted by bigtapp_root_aws quek <bi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Roman,
I kinda did.  Just for the sake of anyone using it, note that Ambari is the
main thing that needs to be updated even though there are 2.7.5-2.7.7
versions available, .  In and by itself this critical cluster manager works
on only 3.1.1 as on 3.2.0 of Bigtop, it had been removed.  Also note
carefully the compatibleOS.

Even if you get Ambari up on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS the second problem hits your
face: the mpack only has 3 app to deploy.

After all the rambling, the best advice is to wait for the next release of
Bigtop with Ambari if you want to start on Ubuntu.

Keng

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.