Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by allan juul <al...@muly.dk> on 2008/01/17 13:00:09 UTC

sudden change of domain name

hi

[ Apache/2.2.6 (Win32) SVN/1.4.5 DAV/2 ]

We are in a situation where we had to change the domain name for the
subversion server. This in itself was problemless.

However, the whole team now have working copies pointing to the old
domain name, so cannot now effectively update or commit to the repository.

My question is, is it easily possible somehow for the team members to
update their working copies to point to the new domain name? or do they
have to re-checkout their whole working space?

thanks
./allan

Re: sudden change of domain name

Posted by Stephen Butler <sb...@elego.de>.
Quoting allan juul <al...@muly.dk>:

> My question is, is it easily possible somehow for the team members to
> update their working copies to point to the new domain name? or do they
> have to re-checkout their whole working space?

All they have to do is run 'svn switch' on each working copy.

    svn switch --relocate FROM TO [PATH...]

where FROM is the old repository URL and TO is the new URL.  This is also
possible in GUI clients like TortoiseSVN.

See http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.4/svn.ref.svn.c.switch.html for more
info.

Regards,
Steve

--
Stephen Butler | Software Developer

elego Software Solutions GmbH
Gustav-Meyer-Allee 25 | 13355 Berlin | Germany

fon: +49 30 2345 8696 | mobile: +49 163 25 45 015
fax: +49 30 2345 8695 | http://www.elegosoft.com

Geschäftsführer: Olaf Wagner | Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin
Amtsgericht Charlottenburg HRB 77719 | USt-IdNr: DE163214194

Re: sudden change of domain name

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.
On Jan 17, 2008 8:00 AM, allan juul <al...@muly.dk> wrote:
> hi
>

> [ Apache/2.2.6 (Win32) SVN/1.4.5 DAV/2 ]
>
> We are in a situation where we had to change the domain name for the
> subversion server. This in itself was problemless.
>
> However, the whole team now have working copies pointing to the old
> domain name, so cannot now effectively update or commit to the repository.
>
> My question is, is it easily possible somehow for the team members to
> update their working copies to point to the new domain name? or do they
> have to re-checkout their whole working space?

svn switch

http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.4/svn.ref.svn.c.switch.html