Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Emmanuel Bourg <e....@cross-systems.com> on 2003/12/19 20:15:53 UTC

[configuration] New getters for the Configuration interface

I'd like to suggest the addition of new getters to the Configuration
interface. There are some types of properties that I use to put in my
configuration files, I think that [configuration] could spare the burden
of parsing them repeatedly.

The methods I would add are :

getLocale(String key, Locale defaultValue)

getURL(String key, URL defaultValue)

getDate(String key, String pattern, Date defaultValue)

getCalendar(String key, String pattern, Calendar defaultValue)

getInternetAddress(String key, InternetAddress defaultValue)

getInternetAddressArray(String key)

Emmanuel Bourg