Posted to announcements@jakarta.apache.org by Yegor Kozlov <ye...@dinom.ru> on 2009/02/21 06:55:03 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache POI 3.5 Beta 5 Released

Hi All,

The POI team is pleased to announce the availability of Apache POI 3.5
beta 5, our latest beta including OOXML (Office Open XML) support.

Apache POI is well-known in the Java field as a library for reading and
writing Microsoft Office file formats, such as Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and
Word. With POI 3.5, it supports the new OOXML (Office Open XML) formats
introduced in Office 2007. See http://poi.apache.org/ for more details

The status of this release is a beta, meaning that we encourage users to
try it out.
If you find any bugs, please report them to the POI bug database or to
the poi-dev mailing list.

The most important changes since the previous release (3.5-beta4) are:
 * Resolved licensing issues around the HDGF resource file,
chunks_parse_cmds.tbl (see bugzilla #46361).
 * Openxml4J codebase is now a part of Apache POI
 * Improvements in formula evaluation, support for more built-in functions
 * Better handling of shifted rows
 * Over 40 bug fixes and improvements.

A full list of changes is available in the change log:
http://poi.apache.org/changes.html

The source and binaries can be downloaded from your local mirror:
http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/poi/dev/

The release is also available from the central Maven repository under
Group ID "org.apache.poi" and Version "3.5-beta5".

For the Apache POI Team
Yegor Kozlov

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache POI 3.5 Beta 5 Released

Posted by Dayne Olivier <da...@gmail.com>.
Change log reflects 2008-02-19 for v3.5 beta 5.... We are now in 2009 :)Great
work to all contributers. Keep up the great work!
DayneO