Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Dan Adams <da...@ifactory.com> on 2005/11/23 16:04:17 UTC

[OT] Favorite testing tools

Currently I'm using the standard combination junit, htmlunit, and mock
objects to test my code but I was wondering how much success people have
had with things like jython or groovy for streamline test writing. i
mean, my tests are already pretty minimal due to refactoring and such
but has anyone seen any real improvement using other tools?

--
Dan Adams
Software Engineer

Re: [OT] Favorite testing tools

Posted by mike jones <mi...@gmail.com>.
This is pretty useful

http://selenium.thoughtworks.com/index.html

d-_-b \m/(>_<)\m/ (9ò_ó)-o(@_o)

Re: [OT] Favorite testing tools

Posted by Konstantin Ignatyev <kg...@yahoo.com>.
Take a glance at TheGrinder
http://grinder.sourceforge.net/
Jython drives the tests and writing script skeleton is
extremely easy:
just start  TheGrinder proxy and start browsing the
target site – done.
http://grinder.sourceforge.net/g3/tcpproxy.html
Please see description of my experience here:
http://sandbox.sourcelabs.com/kosta/web_ui_compare/readme/tests/technology.html

--- Dan Adams <da...@ifactory.com> wrote:

> Currently I'm using the standard combination junit,
> htmlunit, and mock
> objects to test my code but I was wondering how much
> success people have
> had with things like jython or groovy for streamline
> test writing. i
> mean, my tests are already pretty minimal due to
> refactoring and such
> but has anyone seen any real improvement using other
> tools?
>
> --
> Dan Adams
> Software Engineer
> Interactive Factory

> For additional commands, e-mail:
> tapestry-user-help@jakarta.apache.org

Konstantin Ignatyev

PS: If this is a typical day on planet earth, humans will add fifteen million tons of carbon to the atmosphere, destroy 115 square miles of tropical rainforest, create seventy-two miles of desert, eliminate between forty to one hundred species, erode seventy-one million tons of topsoil, add 2,700 tons of CFCs to the stratosphere, and increase their population by 263,000

Bowers, C.A.  The Culture of Denial:  Why the Environmental Movement Needs a Strategy for Reforming Universities and Public Schools.  New York:  State University of New York Press, 1997: (4) (5) (p.206)