Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by "Daniel S. Haischt" <me...@daniel.stefan.haischt.name> on 2003/08/15 08:55:31 UTC

Re: SVN on MacOS X (was: geronimo-dev Digest 15 Aug 2003 02:16:34 -0000 Issue 64)

Alex,

just to bring this to an end ;-)

 1) subversion is _fully_ supported on Mac OS X
    as stated by Greg Stein. sure you have to
    get rid of the pre-packaged Apache that
    comes with Mac OS X because it isn't a
    Apache 2.0.x. but i do not think that this
    is an issue.

 2) YES, subversion has many advantages over
    CVS. you might consider to take a look at
    the following slides:

http://subversion.tigris.org/files/documents/15/699/file_699.dat?filename=CN
%20UserCon%20-%20Subversion.ppt

 3) instead of arguing you should have taken
    a glance at ...

    http://fink.sourceforge.net/pdb/index.php

    ... there is a search form which allows to
    search for Fink packages that are supported
    on Mac OS X.

    if you are searching for 'subversion' you
    will realize that there is a Fink package
    of RabidSVN. see ...

    -> http://rapidsvn.tigris.org/

    ok i have to admit that this is _not_ a
    plugin for Eclipse ;-)

 4) it shouldn't be to difficult to build both
    the SVN server and the SVN client(s) on Mac
    OS X because AFAIK they are shipping with
    excelent autoconf scripts, which allows
    you to compile the source packages by just
    typing ./configure && make && make install.

    if i got you right, you will just need the
    client and not the server ...

regards

daniel s. haischt