Posted to wss4j-dev@ws.apache.org by An...@mro.com on 2006/03/14 17:38:50 UTC

NPE from wss4j1.1 while doing 2 way encryption

Hi
I was trying to do 2 way encryption and got a NullPointerException from the
org.apache.ws.security.util.WSSecurityUtil. I am not sure if this is a bug
in the WSS4J or my wrong. I have exchanged the certificates between the
server and the client store and was monitoring using the TCPMon. The
message flows fine from the client to the server and the server decrypts
correctly. Then the server encrypts the response using the clients
certificate and the response is seen properly in the TCPMon. After that
when it reaches the client side I get this error. This seems strange as its
giving a NPE while finding the element for that DataRef id. I saw the
message and the DataRef looks prefectly mapped to the encrypted portion in
the soap body. I am not using any encryption parts.

Any ideas if this is a known bug or not?

AxisFault
 faultSubcode:
 faultString: java.lang.NullPointerException
 faultActor:
 faultNode:
 faultDetail:

{http://xml.apache.org/axis/}stackTrace:java.lang.NullPointerException
      at
org.apache.crimson.tree.ElementNode2.getAttributeNodeNS(ElementNode2.java:432)
      at
org.apache.crimson.tree.ElementNode2.hasAttributeNS(ElementNode2.java:388)
      at
org.apache.ws.security.util.WSSecurityUtil.findElementById(WSSecurityUtil.java:364)
      at
org.apache.ws.security.util.WSSecurityUtil.getElementByWsuId(WSSecurityUtil.java:548)
      at
org.apache.ws.security.WSSecurityEngine.decryptDataRef(WSSecurityEngine.java:1197)
      at
org.apache.ws.security.WSSecurityEngine.handleEncryptedKey(WSSecurityEngine.java:1174)
      at
org.apache.ws.security.WSSecurityEngine.handleEncryptedKey(WSSecurityEngine.java:929)
      at
org.apache.ws.security.WSSecurityEngine.processSecurityHeader(WSSecurityEngine.java:349)
      at
org.apache.ws.security.WSSecurityEngine.processSecurityHeader(WSSecurityEngine.java:245)
      at
org.apache.ws.axis.security.WSDoAllReceiver.invoke(WSDoAllReceiver.java:156)
      at
org.apache.axis.strategies.InvocationStrategy.visit(InvocationStrategy.java:32)
      at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.doVisiting(SimpleChain.java:118)

thanks
Anamitra