Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Nicolai Klausen <ud...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/30 14:13:41 UTC

Thesis - User Driven Innovation in the ecosystem around the Open Source ERP system Apache OFBiz

Hey OFBiz community

 I am do a master thesis, with the title “User Driven Innovation in the
ecosystem around the Open Source ERP system Apache OFBiz”.

 For the thesis, I will collect information from the mailing lists, issue
tracker and subversion repository. I will e.g try to track an issue/feature
request from a user, starting in the user mailing list, see how it bridge
over to the dev mailing list and finally to a commit in subversion - In
short from idea to code.

 Doing the thesis, I will make a survey, that I hope some of you will
answer. I all so hope, that I will be possible do an interview with some of
you.

 All the collected information will be totally anonymizered and the finial
thesis will be made accessible for the community. I write to you all,
because I think it is not ethically correct, to collect information about
the community, with out letting them know about this thesis.

 About me

My name is Nicolai Guido Klausen, age 27. I have a Bachlor in Computer
Science from University of Copenhagen Department of Computer Science –
diku.dk. And are now finishing my Master of Science in Software Development
and Technology at IT University of Copenhagen – itu.dk.

 I have been using open source system the last 10 years and have be actively
contributing to the open source community, with bug reports, feature
request, alpha/beta testing, one or two patches and helping other on the
forums and mailing lists.

Regards

 Nicolai Guido Klausen