Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by "ankitsingla088@gmail.com" <an...@gmail.com> on 2018/04/24 09:44:13 UTC

Apache Minacore - 2.0.9 Network Load Spike Issue

<http://apache-mina.10907.n7.nabble.com/file/t2151/SSL_Listener_10.png>

Hi

I am using mina core 2.0.9.jar library for my SSL server socket application.
I am facing a very peculiar problem. When I increase the number of client
threads to around 4000 (i.e. 4000 sessions will be created), sometimes there
is no or very little traffic for few seconds and then a sudden spike of
traffic. I have tried to find the root cause but I am stuck here. Please
help.

PFA the perfmon screenshot for your reference. You will notice a sudden
spike after some time

Regards,
Ankit Singla

--
Sent from: http://apache-mina.10907.n7.nabble.com/Apache-MINA-Developer-Forum-f6809.html

Re: Apache Minacore - 2.0.9 Network Load Spike Issue

Posted by Jonathan Valliere <jo...@emoten.com>.
I would remove the SSL and run an experiment to see if it still does it.

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org>.

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org>.
FTR, the graph has been remived from your mail by the ASF mailer. Can you
upload the image somwhere and maim the url ?

Regarding the SSL burst, keep in mind that negociating keys is *extremly*
cpu intensive. What would be usefull would be to give the number of new SSL
session being created per second. You can also add the logger filter to
have a better vision on what’s going on in MINA. Last, not leasr, try to
profile the application...

Le mer. 25 avr. 2018 à 13:52, ankitsingla088@gmail.com <

Posted by Jonathan Valliere <jo...@apache.org>.
A spike of traffic? Or a spike of cpu?  It’s also possible that the SSL
could be renegotiating.

Posted by "ankitsingla088@gmail.com" <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi Cordialement,

PFB the details of my test server where I am able to replicate the issue. I
am facing the issue on the production server which is having much higher
resources in terms of hardware.

OS - windows server 2012 R2 Standard
Java version - Java 8 Update 45 (64 bit)
System Memory - 8 GB
Processor - Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU - E5 2670 V2@2.50 GHz

I tried using a simple non SSL c++ client server application on the same
server and there was no such spike which helped me deduce that issue is
either with SSL or with mina. Can you share any further pointers?

Regards,
Ankit Singla

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org>.
It’s hard to tell what could be wrong with the information you are
providing.

Typically, what’s the OS uou are using? Java version? Memory ? Nb of
processors?

Also, 4000 threads is pretty high, if they are all active, but that’s not
really MINA problem...

Bottom line, we don’t know anything about your application, nor about the
way you use Mina...

Posted by "ankit.singla@pinelabs.com" <an...@pinelabs.com>.
Hi Emmanuel,

Thanks for the Reply!

Is this a known issue with mina 2.0.9 which has been fixed in 2.0.17 or just
a hunch?

Regards,
Ankit Singla

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Can you try with mina 2.0.17 which has been release 2weeks ago and confirm
you still get this error? Thanks !

Le mar. 24 avr. 2018 à 11:57, ankitsingla088@gmail.com <