Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Florent Guillaume <fg...@nuxeo.com> on 2006/04/06 19:21:30 UTC

XAResource enlistment

Hi,

I'll be using JackRabbit in a small server program to receive connections
from multiple clients. These connections have to be isolated from one
another, so they'll live in separate transactions. I'll be using JOTM as the
transaction manager.

I'm a little unclear about how the JackRabbit XAResources enlist themselves
with the transaction manager if one is present. Is it done automatically by
some discovery process involving JNDI? If so, could someone point me in the
JackRabbit code where this happens? If not, I guess this means that my
application will have to enlist manually the XAResources with JOTM. Which is it?

Thanks,

Florent

+33 1 40 33 71 59   http://nuxeo.com   fg@nuxeo.com

Re: XAResource enlistment

Posted by Dominique Pfister <do...@day.com>.
Hi Florent,

JackRabbit's XAResources exposed by
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.XASessionImpl do not enlist themselves,
this is the application server's (or your) responsibility. There is a
dummy UserTransaction implementation used when testing XA
functionality, namely:

org/apache/jackrabbit/core/UserTransactionImpl.java

Taking a look at what this class does when transactions are started,
committed or rolled back should give you more information about how to
use Jackrabbit's XAResources.

Regards
Dominique