Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by RonnieMJ <ro...@hotmail.com> on 2008/10/10 23:31:50 UTC

Rampart 1.4 mustUnderstand

Does rampart version 1.4 default mustUnderstand to 1?  I'm getting the famous
error, and am using a policy to set my configurations in code (client side
ONLY).

My wsse:security tag ends up as mustunderstand="1".
<wsse:Security
xmlns:wsse="http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-wssecurity-secext-1.0.xsd"
soapenv:mustUnderstand="1">

The security isn't set in the WSDL.  I am using axis2 1.4.1.

I've seen the WSDL2Constants flag, but I'm not using WSDL2Constants.

Just the plain old:

options.setProperty(RampartMessageData.KEY_RAMPART_POLICY,
loadPolicy(confDir + "/clientSecurityPolicy.xml"));
				stub._getServiceClient().setOptions(options);

stub._getServiceClient().engageModule("rampart");

I also don't have access to or control over what is used on the service side
(external).

Re: Rampart 1.4 mustUnderstand

Posted by RonnieMJ <ro...@hotmail.com>.
The Oasis 1.0 specification states:
All compliant implementations MUST declare which profiles they support and
MUST be able to
process a <wsse:Security> element including any sub-elements which may be
defined by that profile.

but it then says:
When a <wsse:Security> header includes a mustUnderstand="true" attribute:...

The first would make me think that you HAD to have mustUnderstand="true" in
the Security header.  The latter would make me think that it's optional...

Posted by RonnieMJ <ro...@hotmail.com>.
Well that was kinda my point to the company that we're integrating with.
They don't pull it off (and could).  But getting them to change isn't going
to happen anytime soon.  I guess that they're not really into using custom
code to pull it off when the actor/role would be able to do it.  It does
pass the whole message.

Posted by Nandana Mihindukulasooriya <na...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ronnie,

Posted by RonnieMJ <ro...@hotmail.com>.