Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Nir Nußbaum <ni...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/14 16:27:45 UTC

[users@httpd] Application variables

Dear all,
I'd like to have Apache have application variables, to be retrieved later
from within JSP pages, so I don't need to hard code them. For instance, I
want it to keep a list of directories it need to scan for a certain action.
How is it possible? How can I retrieve them later in Java? I looked into
WEB-INF/web.xml but it seems not to work.
Appericiate any help, Nir.

Re: [users@httpd] Application variables

Posted by Steve Swift <st...@gmail.com>.
Providing you don't have too many application variables you could use
environment variables set in the Apache configuration with the "SetEnv"
directive, or inherited from whatever process starts your Apache with the
"PassEnv" directive.
It all depends if you have access to update your apache configuration, and
if you are happy doing this every time your application variables change.
I cannot help you with accessing environment variables from JSP, but that
should be well documented.

--
Steve Swift
http://www.swiftys.org.uk