Posted to user@struts.apache.org by kk...@moog.com on 2006/01/13 17:38:19 UTC

DispatchMapping error

I'm getting a weird error when I click on an html:link.  The message says:

[Servlet Error]-[DispatchMapping[/GetToolHistory] does not define a
handler property]: javax.servlet.ServletException:
DispatchMapping[/GetToolHistory] does not define a handler property

I don't get why I'm getting this though, since my GetToolHistory action
extends Action, not the DispatchAction.  The action itself isn't really
doing much right now.  I have everything in it commented out, except a
System.out.println and the forward to my success page.  It blows up before
hitting the print statement.

Any idea what might be causing this?
Thanks!

Keith Kamholz
IT - Programming and Architecture
Moog Inc.

Re: DispatchMapping error

Posted by kk...@moog.com.
Oh wow, just realized that it was a really stupid mistake that I haven't
been able to catch over the past couple days.  You know, one of those
copy/paste mistakes where you forget to change part of what you copied.
Didn't catch it till I pasted it into a reply here.

Sorry about that everyone.

Keith Kamholz
IT - Programming and Architecture
Moog Inc.

Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>
Sent by: news <ne...@sea.gmane.org>
01/13/2006 02:55 PM
Please respond to
"Struts Users Mailing List" <us...@struts.apache.org>

user@struts.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: DispatchMapping error

kkamholz@moog.com wrote:
> I'm getting a weird error when I click on an html:link.  The message
says:

> [Servlet Error]-[DispatchMapping[/GetToolHistory] does not define a
> handler property]: javax.servlet.ServletException:
> DispatchMapping[/GetToolHistory] does not define a handler property
>
> I don't get why I'm getting this though, since my GetToolHistory action
> extends Action, not the DispatchAction.  The action itself isn't really
> doing much right now.  I have everything in it commented out, except a
> System.out.println and the forward to my success page.  It blows up
before
> hitting the print statement.

Not without seeing the relevant parts of your struts-config, JSP and
action code. Are you sure the link points to the right action mapping?

L.

Re: DispatchMapping error

Posted by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>.