Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by vitaly bulgakov <bu...@yahoo.com> on 2016/01/28 15:52:40 UTC

Adding new documents to the search results and rescoring. Is it possible?

I have Solr 4.2. Is it possible to rescore results after adding new documents
to the result set?

Re: Adding new documents to the search results and rescoring. Is it possible?

Posted by Jack Krupansky <ja...@gmail.com>.
Please provide a little more context.

How exactly are new documents getting added to a result set? I mean, each
query has its own result set, so there really isn't any way for a new query
to impact the results of a previous query.

Scores are always calculated fresh on each query, so there would never be a
need to "re" score them. Are you simply looking for a way to shift/boost
the scores somehow? Again, tell us more about what you are actually trying
to achieve.

-- Jack Krupansky