Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by jay vyas <ja...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/11 22:32:20 UTC

[VOTE] Removing support for Makefile ?

BIGTOP-1314 highlights the fact that we now have 2 build systems: Makefile
and build.gradle. And the fact that the Makefile approach is now
deprecated.

As per Mark's suggestion in that JIRA, the future of Makefile should be
decided on the mailing list before the next JIRA comes out to further
distance from Make and embrace gradle.

Should we continue to support the Makefile builder?

Vote +1 : To eliminate the Makefile
Vote -1 : To keep the makefile and support both.

It seems very inelegant to have both build systems at the same time, to
me.... But I know there is another side to the debate.

Re: [VOTE] Removing support for Makefile ?

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
Let's do a DISCUSS

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)

Re: [VOTE] Removing support for Makefile ?

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.