Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by T....@ceyoniq.com on 2002/02/04 15:36:02 UTC

How to test redirect(...) or forward()

Hi,

first of all Cactus is a great tool. Thx for that. Makes many things safer
and easier.

I have now following question: How do you test redirects or forwards, which
are quite common in JSP/Servlet Development?
As far as I know either com.meterware.httpunit.WebResponse nor
org.apache.cactus.WebResponse offers methods to check that explit?

What do you suggest?

Thx for your kind help.

Bye
Toby

RE: How to test redirect(...) or forward()

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@octo.com>.
Toby,

Thanks for the compliment. We do like that ... ;-)

We really need to put this question in the FAQ as it is a good question
and often asked. The answer can be found at :

http://www.mail-archive.com/cgi-bin/htsearch?method=and&format=short&con
fig=cactus-user_jakarta_apache_org&restrict=&exclude=&words=redirect

and more specifically :
http://www.mail-archive.com/cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg00624.html

Hope it helps
Thanks
-Vincent

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@octo.com>.
I forgot something : the issue is only for redirects as forward are only
done on the server side (and they are supported by Cactus).

-Vincent