Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Reynold Xin <rx...@databricks.com> on 2015/08/03 20:11:52 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Spark branch-1.5

Hi Devs,

Just an announcement that I've cut Spark's branch-1.5 to form the basis of
the 1.5 release. Other than a few stragglers, this represents the end of
active feature development for Spark 1.5. *If committers are merging any
features (outside of alpha modules), please shoot me an email so I can help
coordinate. Any new commits will need to be explicitly merged into
branch-1.5*.

In the next few days, we should come up with testing plans for the release
and create umbrella JIRAs for testing various components and changes. I
plan to cut a preview package for 1.5 towards the end of this week or early
next week.

- R

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Spark branch-1.5

Posted by Michael Armbrust <mi...@databricks.com>.

> Would it be reasonable to start un-targeting non-bug non-blocker
>> issues? like, would anyone yell if I started doing that? that would
>> leave ~100 JIRAs, which still seems like more than can actually go
>> into the release. And anyone can re-target as desired.

I think the maintainers of the various components should take care of
this.  Reynold and I just did a pass over SQL and I think that by Friday
there should only be blocker bugs / documentation remaining.

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Spark branch-1.5

Posted by Joseph Bradley <jo...@databricks.com>.
I agree that it's high time to start changing/removing target versions,
especially if component maintainers have a good idea of what is not needed
for 1.5.  I'll start doing that on ML.

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Spark branch-1.5

Posted by Sean Owen <so...@cloudera.com>.