Posted to user@spark.apache.org by danilo <da...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/26 23:12:42 UTC

Spark with business rules

Hi All, I want to create a monitoring tool using my sensor data. I receive
the events every seconds and I need to create a report using node.js. Right
now I created my kpi coding the formula directly in sparks.

However I would like to make a layer where a not technical user can write
simple formulas to be interpretated in realt time by spark - the results are
stored in a memory db.

Any suggestions?

thx
Danilo

Re: Spark with business rules

Posted by Jörn Franke <jo...@gmail.com>.
Maybe SparkR? What languages do your Users speak?

Posted by Holden Karau <ho...@pigscanfly.ca>.
Spark SQL seems like it might be the best interface if your users are
already familiar with SQL.

On Mon, Oct 26, 2015 at 3:12 PM, danilo <da...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All, I want to create a monitoring tool using my sensor data. I receive
> the events every seconds and I need to create a report using node.js. Right
> now I created my kpi coding the formula directly in sparks.
>
> However I would like to make a layer where a not technical user can write
> simple formulas to be interpretated in realt time by spark - the results
> are
> stored in a memory db.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> thx