Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Michael P. McCutcheon" <mi...@value.net> on 2000/04/18 14:57:17 UTC

Tomcat for production purposes?

Can the webserver and servlet engine in tomcat be used for production
purposes?

I've heard that the webserver was slow.  What are your experiences with it?

Also, what version of IIS works with tomcat?  4?  5?  Is the IIS webserver
faster?

Mike

Re: Tomcat for production purposes?

Posted by gtallen <gt...@home.com>.
While I have not run it in a production environment I have had
very good success running Tomcat under different load conditions.
I guess it depends on your requirements.  I would definitely
test with the thread pools as I am seeing a big performance
boost and no problems so far.

Greg