Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Rakesh Prajapati <ra...@i-link.co.in> on 2006/06/19 08:38:57 UTC

Why PorterStemmer class is not visible out side the package?

Hi,

I want to use the PorterStemmer class, but as it is not visible to
outside the package I am unable to use it.

Is their any specific reason that PorterStemmer is not public?
Thanks & Regards,
Sr. Software Engineer
I- Link Infosoft (G) Pvt . Ltd.
rakesh.prajapapti@i-link.co.in

Re: Why PorterStemmer class is not visible out side the package?

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: I want to use the PorterStemmer class, but as it is not visible to
: outside the package I am unable to use it.

I believe it's not intended for direct use -- that's what the
PorterStemFilter is for.

-Hoss