Posted to general@lucene.apache.org by venkat <tv...@hotmail.com> on 2011/06/13 18:35:37 UTC

Apache Solr DataImportHandler and Terms

Hi,

I am using Apache Solr and my use case is as follows :

I am using the Data Import Handler to read two columns from the database and
create a index using Solr.
The data-config.xml and the schema.xml file is attached for your reference.

The columns first_name has some null and empty values in the database, i am
using the PRTNR_ID (maps to branch_id) in the schema, as the unique key
since this column is defined as the PK in the table. Solr is able to process
these files and index them, the issue is when i issue a terms query to
search for first names i do not get any results. The terms query that i
issue is given below for your reference:

http://localhost:8553/solr/terms?terms.fl=firstname&terms.sort=index

I do not get any results with this query but if i issue the following query

http://localhost:8553/solr/terms?terms.fl=branch_id&terms.sort=index i do
get results, does it mean that if Solr indexes any field that contains null
or empty values it is not searchable via the terms component. I would
sincerely appreciate if anyone can point out on what is wrong with my
approach here.

Thanks and Kind Regards
Venkat
http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/file/n3059461/schema.xml schema.xml