Posted to dev@onami.apache.org by Mikhail Mazursky <mi...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/31 13:39:44 UTC

Java version

Hello all@dev.

I found out that some parts of our code use methods, introduced in Java 6:
- Collections.asLifoQueue() in DefaultStager;
- Collections.newSetFromMap() in WarmUper;
- ForkJoinPool from jsr166y in WarmUper requires Java 6 too - see [1].
- maybe more.

But in pom.xml we target Java 5.

I think we should decide what version we target and fix our code and/or our
pom.xml's. We may want to enforce this by using animal-sniffer-maven-plugin
[2].

IMHO warmup project can target Java 7 if it requires ForkJoinPool. Other
parts may target Java 6 if it is usefull. Even JDK 6 reached it's "end of
life" a month ago so i don't see much value in supporting Java 5.

WDYT?

[1]: http://g.oswego.edu/dl/concurrency-interest/
[2]: http://mojo.codehaus.org/animal-sniffer-maven-plugin/

Re: Java version

Posted by Mikhail Mazursky <mi...@gmail.com>.
Not yet, feel free to do that. Animal sniffer maven plugin - see the docs
[1].

[1]: http://mojo.codehaus.org/animal-sniffer-maven-plugin/

Re: Java version

Posted by Jordan Zimmerman <ra...@apache.org>.