Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Abhay <ab...@math.net> on 2006/04/10 21:56:32 UTC

Error in Log4j

Hi,

I am getting this below error, i dont understand why,

[4/10/06 15:48:45:469 EDT] 3197dea7 SystemErr     R log4j:ERROR
A "org.apache.log4j.DailyRollingFileAppender" object is not assignable to
a "com.entrust.log4j.Appender" variable.

It seems there is a conflict between two log4j.

I am using a third party application entrust for security purposes.
Even it uses log4j, so it seems there is conflict.

Please let me know how can i resolve this problem

Re: Error in Log4j

Posted by James Stauffer <st...@gmail.com>.
Check for multiple copies of the log4j classes in the classpath.

On 4/10/06, Abhay <ab...@math.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am getting this below error, i dont understand why,
>
> [4/10/06 15:48:45:469 EDT] 3197dea7 SystemErr     R log4j:ERROR
> A "org.apache.log4j.DailyRollingFileAppender" object is not assignable to
> a "com.entrust.log4j.Appender" variable.
>
> It seems there is a conflict between two log4j.
>
> I am using a third party application entrust for security purposes.
> Even it uses log4j, so it seems there is conflict.
>
> Please let me know how can i resolve this problem

James Stauffer